The Ministry is responsible for the general environmental and sanitation activities in the State. The environmentally friendly nature of a State is due to the activities of this key Ministry.
Some of its responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prosecuting offenders who disobey government sanitation policies.
- Continuously working with Osun Waste Management Agency to enforce environmental sanitation policies.
- Maintain and beautify the State forest reserves.
- Raise revenue for the State.
- Beautification of the State, campaign aimed at tree planting and sensitizing and mobilizing citizens on positive environmental behaviours.