The Ministry of Home Affairs, Culture and Tourism is saddled with the responsibility of promoting the culture and tourism potentials in the state.
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research on the heritage of State of Osun and advise government, promote and monitor tourism activities through robust policy frame aimed at exploring the tourism industry to attract investors’ participation in the development of the industry.
- Regulate, classify, standardize and monitor the activities of hotels, nightclubs, fast food services and other tourism enterprises thereby paying attention to hospitality principles, technicalities and strategies in the State in line with global standard and national trend
- Promote the cultural values abundant in the State through organizing and participating in exhibition, festivals of arts and culture, acquiring and preserving any artistic or cultural materials suitable for tourism, renaissance of culture, rebirth of tourism and reconstruction of societal cultural values for revenue generation, job creation, positive wealth and rural development as well as collaborating with individuals, corporate bodies and groups in show-casing the cultural diversity of the State.
- Coordinate home affairs such as citizenship matters, community interests in the state, conservation of historic towns, buildings, ancient monuments, museum and antiquities. The Ministry also supervises Osun Council for Arts and Culture, Osun State Tourism Board, Fire Service, Pilgrims Welfare Board, Centre for Black Culture and International Understanding (CBCIU) and religious organizations
- Organize workshops, conferences and training for capacity building and consolidation of tourism in the state.