The Ministry of Health is concerned with coordinating, supervising and regulating the health sector in the State for quality delivery of services to the general public.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementation of government policies as it relates to healthcare delivery in the State.
- Partnerships with local and international organizations like UNICEF, UNDP, WHO, SFH for successful implementation of programmes in the State.
- Maintenance of government hospitals and primary health centres.
- Recruitment, staffing and general welfare issues of health staff.
- Control any potential outbreaks of diseases and other infectious diseases.