Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | OSUN GOVT TO ENROLL TRADITIONAL RULERS, SPOUSES INTO STATE HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME. | Oyo Kidnapping: Governor Adeleke Directs Immediate Revitalization of Safe School Initiative. | Osun Govt Condemns Opposition Misrepresentation of NPHCDA Report, Says Osun Remains Number One in the South West | GOVERNOR ADELEKE COMMISSIONS RENOVATED LAWN TENNIS COURTS IN LAGOS; HONOURS LATE SENATOR ISIAKA ADELEKE. | Governor Adeleke Warns Against Threat to Peace at Ikirun. | How We Revived Osun Economy – Governor Adeleke. | Governor Adeleke Summons Emergency Security Council Meeting | Governor Adeleke Appoints Mrs Victoria Adunola SAMSON (BOVAS) as Chancellor, Osun State University | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES ATAOJA OF OSOGBO, OBA JIMOH OLAONIPEKUN ON HIS BIRTHDAY | BASELESS PETITION BY OYIGG: OSUN STATE GOVERNMENT REJECTS SPURIOUS, DEFAMATORY AND MALICIOUS ALLEGATIONS | Governor Adeleke Says His Re-Election Unstoppable as Davido Drums Support for Continuity | ADELEKE SET TO PROVIDE FREE ARTIFICIAL LIMBS FOR 1,000 AMPUTEES IN OSUN – ARANSI. | Gov Adeleke Faults Ambo-Adereti Agenda Sector by Sector | ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, SENATOR ADEMOLA JACKSON NURUDEEN ADELEKE, EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE AT THE 2026 WORKERS’ DAY CELEBRATION ORGANISED BY THE OSUN STATE JOINT LABOUR MOVEMENT HELD ON FRIDAY, 1ST MAY, 2026 AT FAKUNLE HIGH SCHOOL, OSOGBO. | Governor Adeleke Commends Federal Approvals for Osun Roads, Praises President Tinubu and Works Minister. | Governor Adeleke’s son, B RED, Escapes Assassination | You Are Afraid of Election, Gov Adeleke Accuses Oyetola/AMBO | Osun 2026: Traditional security outfits, ethnic groups endorse Governor Adeleke for Re-election. | Governor Adeleke Did Not Squander Any Trillion Naira, Value for Money Drives State Governance – Spokesperson | Oyetola/Oyebamiji Name Dropping President Tinubu for Anti-People Activities In Osun- Gov Adeleke.
791FAE3F-7EA1-49DF-A31C-FFA803857BDF
Oladeji.Babawale December 1, 2025

Gov. Adeleke imposes 24-hour curfew on Igbajo, Charges Security Personnel to be on red alert

…Curfew starts with immediate effect

OSOGBO – 01/12/2025 – Osunstate.gov.ng

Following the break down of law and order last night till the early hours of today in Igbajo, Boluwaduro local government area, according to the intelligence report from the office of the Special Adviser to the Governor on security, Barr. Samuel Ojo, the Osun State Governor, Senator Ademola Adeleke has, accordingly announced a total lockdown of the town with the imposition of a 24 hour curfew.

The curfew which is with immediate effect until total peace is attained, came about with the continued breach of law and order among the natives, a development which has been attributed to the demise of Prince Adegboyega Famodun, who died last week, Saturday after a brief illness.

Announcing the imposition of the curfew in a statement issued by the
Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Oluomo Kolapo Alimi, Governor Adeleke condemned the development with a declaration that his administration will always not be a party to any untoward civil disobedience capable of truncating the existing peace and harmony being currently experienced throughout Osun State, Igbajo inclusive.

Governor Adeleke, in line with the new directive on the 24 hour curfew, accordingly issued a stern warning to all the natives and non natives of the hitherto peaceful Igbajo community, to continue to toe the path of peace and order as anyone found or caught in any act, openly or clandestinely, that has the tendency of further plunging the town into chaos would be dealt with in line with the dictates of the law.

According to Governor Adeleke “It is with deep shock and dismay that I received the sad news of the breakdown of law and order in Igbajo last night till the early hours of today.

“As a government that believes in the total compliance to the rule of engagement in ensuring peace and order at all times, my administration will not fold its arms to allow the breach of law and order anywhere in the state.

“Therefore, as the Chief Security Officer of Osun State, I hereby declare with immediate effect, a total lockdown of the town pending the return to orderliness and harmonious co-existence in the hitherto peaceful and orderly Igbajo town.

“With effect from today, Monday, 1/12/2025, a contingent of all security personnel, comprising the Army, Police, DSS and Nigeria Security and Civil Defence ( NSCDC), should take charge by keeping a 24 hour surveillance in Igbajo.

“Finally, I am once again, as I had earlier did following the announcement of the demise of Prince Adegboyega Famodun, commiserate with the family and the entire sons and daughters of Igbajo over the sad loss of a dear and illustrious son of the town, Prince Adeboyega Famodun’s status.
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace” ended the press statement by Governor Adeleke.

E – Signed
Oluomo Kolapo Alimi
Hon.Commissioner for
Information and Public Enlightenment,
Osun state.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *