Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | OSUN GOVT TO ENROLL TRADITIONAL RULERS, SPOUSES INTO STATE HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME. | Oyo Kidnapping: Governor Adeleke Directs Immediate Revitalization of Safe School Initiative. | Osun Govt Condemns Opposition Misrepresentation of NPHCDA Report, Says Osun Remains Number One in the South West | GOVERNOR ADELEKE COMMISSIONS RENOVATED LAWN TENNIS COURTS IN LAGOS; HONOURS LATE SENATOR ISIAKA ADELEKE. | Governor Adeleke Warns Against Threat to Peace at Ikirun. | How We Revived Osun Economy – Governor Adeleke. | Governor Adeleke Summons Emergency Security Council Meeting | Governor Adeleke Appoints Mrs Victoria Adunola SAMSON (BOVAS) as Chancellor, Osun State University | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES ATAOJA OF OSOGBO, OBA JIMOH OLAONIPEKUN ON HIS BIRTHDAY | BASELESS PETITION BY OYIGG: OSUN STATE GOVERNMENT REJECTS SPURIOUS, DEFAMATORY AND MALICIOUS ALLEGATIONS | Governor Adeleke Says His Re-Election Unstoppable as Davido Drums Support for Continuity | ADELEKE SET TO PROVIDE FREE ARTIFICIAL LIMBS FOR 1,000 AMPUTEES IN OSUN – ARANSI. | Gov Adeleke Faults Ambo-Adereti Agenda Sector by Sector | ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, SENATOR ADEMOLA JACKSON NURUDEEN ADELEKE, EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE AT THE 2026 WORKERS’ DAY CELEBRATION ORGANISED BY THE OSUN STATE JOINT LABOUR MOVEMENT HELD ON FRIDAY, 1ST MAY, 2026 AT FAKUNLE HIGH SCHOOL, OSOGBO. | Governor Adeleke Commends Federal Approvals for Osun Roads, Praises President Tinubu and Works Minister. | Governor Adeleke’s son, B RED, Escapes Assassination | You Are Afraid of Election, Gov Adeleke Accuses Oyetola/AMBO | Osun 2026: Traditional security outfits, ethnic groups endorse Governor Adeleke for Re-election. | Governor Adeleke Did Not Squander Any Trillion Naira, Value for Money Drives State Governance – Spokesperson | Oyetola/Oyebamiji Name Dropping President Tinubu for Anti-People Activities In Osun- Gov Adeleke.
Webmaster February 16, 2017

Court Strikes Out Oluwo/ Oluwo Oke’s Case

An Osogbo Chief Magistrate Court on Wednesday (15th February, 2017) struck out the case between Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi and Oluwo of Iwo Oke, Oba Kadiri Adeoye in the spirit of fostering peaceful and harmonious relationship within the domains of the two traditional rulers.
The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi tendered a letter of apology and discontinuance of the suit filed against him by the complainant.
The Magistrate, Mrs Sodamade Fatimoh, struck out the substantive case against Oba Akanbi on the ground of the peaceful move initiated by both traditional rulers.
Fatimoh said, the complaint had earlier applied to the court for the withdrawal of the suit on the 3rd January, 2017, while the defense Counsel, Chief Yekini Olaide tendered a letter of apology and discontinuance of the suit against his client on the 15th February, 2017.
The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi verbally apologised to the Magistrate for his attitude shown during his trial.
“I am a friend of the judiciary and I never meant to disrespect the court.
“When there was threat to close down the High Court and Magistrates Court in Iwo land, I took it upon myself.
“I renovated the High Court and Magistrates buildings, put new furniture and other things but to mention a few.
“All what happened was misinformation and my feelings had been tendered in the letter before the Court’, he said.
Counsel to the Plaintiff, Mrs Oyedele Yusuf, however, agreed to the withdrawal of both the substantive case and the contempt of court against Oluwo of Iwo.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *