Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗪𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗙𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀. | 𝗜𝗺𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗦𝗰𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲, 𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆 & 𝗜𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 | 𝗜𝗺𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗔𝗴𝗿𝗼-𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗼𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 | 𝗜𝗺𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗘𝗱𝘂𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀. | Imole Infrastructure Revolution | TEXT OF A STATE BROADCAST BY H.E, THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE, SENATOR ADEMOLA ADELEKE ON THE THIRD ANNIVERSARY OF THE ADMINISTRATION TODAY NOVEMBER 27th, 2025 | Osun Security Council Meets Again as Governor Adeleke Warns Against Political Violence | Osun is a Model for Subnational Climate Action —Governor Adeleke | Osun is a Model for Subnational Climate Action —Governor Adeleke | Governor Adeleke Speaks on Osun Governance, Commends Security Agencies for Alertness. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES NEPHEW, DAVIDO, ON HIS BIRTHDAY. | Governor Adeleke Flaunts Achievements in ICT Sector, Inaugurates Digital Advisory Council. | ILUFEMILOYE AT 10: GOVERNOR ADELEKE FELICITATES WITH OLUWO OF IWOLAND, SAYS HIS LEADERSHIP HAS BEEN PHENOMENAL. | Governor Adeleke Hosts Chinese Investors, Says Osun Free Trade Zone is Open for Business. | Governor Adeleke Presents Budget 2026 to House of Assembly | N1 Trillion Allocation is Fake News from APC -Adeleke’s Spokesperson. | NEW PROJECT ALERT ‼️ | Anambra: Governor Adeleke Congratulates Prof. Soludo, Says People’s Will Should be Supreme. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE SALUTES EX-PRESIDENTIAL SPOKESPERSON, REUBEN ABATTI AT 60 | Governor Adeleke is not Joining ADC, Reports Are Mere Fake News.
Jega
Webmaster August 9, 2014

Two Candidates Withdraw From Osun Governorship Race

JegaOsun State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Mr. Olusegun Agbaje, yesterday disclosed that two of the candidates for today’s governorship election have quit the race.
Agbaje, who disclosed this in an interview with our reporter in Osogbo yesterday, did not however disclose the identities of the candidates and their parties.
But he said that their decision to quit the race so late amounted to a contravention of the electoral law which stipulates that a candidate cannot pull out less than 25 days to the election.
“What they have done is that they would waste the votes of their supporters who would vote for them,” he said.
Agbaje, however, assured that today’s governorship election will be free and fair, adding that the commissioner had spared no efforts in ensuring a credible free and fair election.
He said that all electoral materials had been distributed and secured while every necessary operation had been carried out to ensure a hitch-free election.
He said: “I want to assure everybody that INEC will be transparent throughout the conduct of the election. We are prepared. Everything is set. We plead with the electorate to go about their voting without fear. We are neutral. INEC has no party or candidate, so we cannot dictate to anyone.
“The people should come out and vote for the candidate of their choice. After the election, we call on both winner and losers to be magnanimous in whatever they do.”
THE NATION

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *