Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | Akinrun Stool Remains Vacant; Court of Appeal Order in Tandem with Government’s Position: Osun State Government Warns Troublemakers. | OSUN GOVT TO ENROLL TRADITIONAL RULERS, SPOUSES INTO STATE HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME. | Oyo Kidnapping: Governor Adeleke Directs Immediate Revitalization of Safe School Initiative. | Osun Govt Condemns Opposition Misrepresentation of NPHCDA Report, Says Osun Remains Number One in the South West | GOVERNOR ADELEKE COMMISSIONS RENOVATED LAWN TENNIS COURTS IN LAGOS; HONOURS LATE SENATOR ISIAKA ADELEKE. | Governor Adeleke Warns Against Threat to Peace at Ikirun. | How We Revived Osun Economy – Governor Adeleke. | Governor Adeleke Summons Emergency Security Council Meeting | Governor Adeleke Appoints Mrs Victoria Adunola SAMSON (BOVAS) as Chancellor, Osun State University | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES ATAOJA OF OSOGBO, OBA JIMOH OLAONIPEKUN ON HIS BIRTHDAY | BASELESS PETITION BY OYIGG: OSUN STATE GOVERNMENT REJECTS SPURIOUS, DEFAMATORY AND MALICIOUS ALLEGATIONS | Governor Adeleke Says His Re-Election Unstoppable as Davido Drums Support for Continuity | ADELEKE SET TO PROVIDE FREE ARTIFICIAL LIMBS FOR 1,000 AMPUTEES IN OSUN – ARANSI. | Gov Adeleke Faults Ambo-Adereti Agenda Sector by Sector | ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, SENATOR ADEMOLA JACKSON NURUDEEN ADELEKE, EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE AT THE 2026 WORKERS’ DAY CELEBRATION ORGANISED BY THE OSUN STATE JOINT LABOUR MOVEMENT HELD ON FRIDAY, 1ST MAY, 2026 AT FAKUNLE HIGH SCHOOL, OSOGBO. | Governor Adeleke Commends Federal Approvals for Osun Roads, Praises President Tinubu and Works Minister. | Governor Adeleke’s son, B RED, Escapes Assassination | You Are Afraid of Election, Gov Adeleke Accuses Oyetola/AMBO | Osun 2026: Traditional security outfits, ethnic groups endorse Governor Adeleke for Re-election. | Governor Adeleke Did Not Squander Any Trillion Naira, Value for Money Drives State Governance – Spokesperson
Governor-Rauf-Aregbesola-690×450
Webmaster June 10, 2016

Aregbsola Refunds N17.7m To Pilgrims In Osun Over Saudi Crane Crash

The governor of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has refunded N17.7 million to Osun pilgrims who performed their Hajj last year in Mecca, Saudi Arebia.
 
Governor-Rauf-Aregbesola-690x450
 
 
The money was refunded due to the lapses in rendering some services to the pilgrims while in holy land.
The Amir Hajj, Barrister Dhikrullahi Olakunle Hassan, refunded the money at the Government Secretariat in Osogbo, Osun State on behalf of the governor, saying that a sum of N11, 500 was repaid to 852 pilgrims on April 6th, 2016 and N9, 300 on June 6 to sum up a total of N17, 721,600.
Speaking with journalists, Barrister Hassan said that 852 pilgrims from Osun went to perform Hajj in Mecca last year, adding that the money was refunded by Saudi government through National Hajj Commission of Nigeria due to the failure to render some services as a result of crane crash during Hajj.
He said that the governor paid the first repayment immediately it was received in April, saying that the second pay back in June was got last week and has already been paid
The Amir added that 9 pilgrims were yet to receive the first reimbursement paid in April as they failed to show up , adding that government is committed to give them when they come.
He stated further that both the first and second refunds would be given to them when they come.
Amir therefore stressed that if the 9 people failed to come for the money, it would be returned to the National Hajj Commission’s account.
Some of the beneficiaries of the refund were: Alhaji Rauf Tiamiyu, batch one; Alhaji Lukman Oyebamiji, batch one; Alhaji Tiamiyu Yusuf, batch two; Alhaji Adeleke Abdul-Ganiyu, batch two; Alhaja Abimbola Mujidat, batch three as well as Alhaja Simbiyat Durodoye, batch three.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *