Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | OSUN GOVT TO ENROLL TRADITIONAL RULERS, SPOUSES INTO STATE HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME. | Oyo Kidnapping: Governor Adeleke Directs Immediate Revitalization of Safe School Initiative. | Osun Govt Condemns Opposition Misrepresentation of NPHCDA Report, Says Osun Remains Number One in the South West | GOVERNOR ADELEKE COMMISSIONS RENOVATED LAWN TENNIS COURTS IN LAGOS; HONOURS LATE SENATOR ISIAKA ADELEKE. | Governor Adeleke Warns Against Threat to Peace at Ikirun. | How We Revived Osun Economy – Governor Adeleke. | Governor Adeleke Summons Emergency Security Council Meeting | Governor Adeleke Appoints Mrs Victoria Adunola SAMSON (BOVAS) as Chancellor, Osun State University | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES ATAOJA OF OSOGBO, OBA JIMOH OLAONIPEKUN ON HIS BIRTHDAY | BASELESS PETITION BY OYIGG: OSUN STATE GOVERNMENT REJECTS SPURIOUS, DEFAMATORY AND MALICIOUS ALLEGATIONS | Governor Adeleke Says His Re-Election Unstoppable as Davido Drums Support for Continuity | ADELEKE SET TO PROVIDE FREE ARTIFICIAL LIMBS FOR 1,000 AMPUTEES IN OSUN – ARANSI. | Gov Adeleke Faults Ambo-Adereti Agenda Sector by Sector | ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, SENATOR ADEMOLA JACKSON NURUDEEN ADELEKE, EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE AT THE 2026 WORKERS’ DAY CELEBRATION ORGANISED BY THE OSUN STATE JOINT LABOUR MOVEMENT HELD ON FRIDAY, 1ST MAY, 2026 AT FAKUNLE HIGH SCHOOL, OSOGBO. | Governor Adeleke Commends Federal Approvals for Osun Roads, Praises President Tinubu and Works Minister. | Governor Adeleke’s son, B RED, Escapes Assassination | You Are Afraid of Election, Gov Adeleke Accuses Oyetola/AMBO | Osun 2026: Traditional security outfits, ethnic groups endorse Governor Adeleke for Re-election. | Governor Adeleke Did Not Squander Any Trillion Naira, Value for Money Drives State Governance – Spokesperson | Oyetola/Oyebamiji Name Dropping President Tinubu for Anti-People Activities In Osun- Gov Adeleke.
osun-state-government2-300×292
Webmaster July 30, 2015

We’ll Not Abandon Projects –Osun govt

osun-state-government2-300x292The government of Osun State has assured indigenes of the state that projects that add value to the state and people’s lives will not be abandoned.
The Director of Media and Strategy of the state, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, who gave the pledge assured that despite the current financial crisis facing the state, the government would see pending crucial projects through. “It is not in the plan of the government to abandon capital projects especially those that have been started before the financial problems of the state started” he declared.
According to him, the administration of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola would explore all legitimate means to complete the projects for the benefit of the people of the state.
The Aregbesola regime has been under serious pressure as a result of the cash crunch with the latest being an impeachment attempt hanging on the governor as well as renewed strike by workers over unpaid salaries.
Although the state chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress recently suspended a six-week strike based on agreement with the state government on modalities for payment of the salary arrears, it again ordered the state workers back to the trenches last week- a move from which teachers in the state reportedly backed off from.
There have been fears in some quarters that the state government may abandon some projects in the state to prevent a reoccurrence of financial problems currently experienced in the state. Notable among these are the distribution of the computer tablet, “Opon imo”, free education including free meals and uniform programmes as well as some road projects. Some economic analysts had called for their scrapping owing to what they termed “pressure on the financial strength of the state.”
There has also been conflicting opinions as to the prudence of the state government, with regard to fiscal policies.
But Okanlawon reiterated the administration’s commitment to delivering the benefits of democracy to indigenes and investors in the state, despite the current economic challenges allegedly worsened by dwindling federal allocation.
The Osun State government had accused the Federal Government under former President Goodluck Jonathan of refusing to pay monies spent by the state government to rehabilitate federal roads in the state. But the Jonathan regime denied this claim.
However, the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari recently announced a bailout funds pay outstanding salaries to workers owed by states.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *