Osun Is Now The Only Specialized Broiler Producing State In Nigeria Courtesy Aregbesola – PAN
The Poultry Association of Nigeria (PAN) Osun State Chapter hereby congratulates and appreciates the Executive Governor of the State of Osun; Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola on the successful take-off of the 3rd cycle of the Osun State Broiler Outgrowers’ Scheme (O-BOPS)
Highlights and key successes of the Scheme are:
(1) Production of 3.1 Million day old chicks valued at Million Naira
(2) Production of 5.2 Million Kg of broiler meat valued at 1.9 Billion Naira
(3) Direct employment of over 400 farm families as Broiler Outgrowers in the state
(4) Employment for over 2,000 farm workers
– Indirect employment for various participants along the broiler production value chain i.e. Producers of feed, Transporters of feed, Charcoal sellers, Artisans, Casual workers e.t.c.
(5) Contribution to state IGR through Poultry Farmers’ voluntary payment of tax in appreciation of government’s support for the sector
(6) Technical improvements in the sector (poultry stock and farmer performance enhancement)
– Supply of chicken for the Home Grown School Feeding Programme
(7) Making Osun state the first point of call for fast food and other major broiler meat consumers throughout Nigeria.
(8) The State of Osun is now the only specialized broiler Producing state in Nigeria
Action Speaks Louder Than Voice!
Let the Good Work of Transforming The State of Osun Continue!