Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | Governor Adeleke Flags off Construction of Roads, Bridge in Obokun Local Government. | ALLEGED STAFF AUDIT FRAUD IS AN APC SPONSORED FAKE NEWS – OSUN GOVT. | Governor Adeleke Reviews Tech Sector Progress, Says His Government Is a Trail blazer. | Governor Adeleke Reduces Public Servants Work Hours for Ramadan and Lent Period. | Osun Government Clarifies Position On Local Government Salaries | Resist Election Riggers; Collect their Money; Vote Against Them – Governor Adeleke Charges Osun Electorates | RAMADAN: LET US RENEW OUR COMMITMENT TO A JUST SOCIETY, GOVERNOR ADELEKE TASKS OSUN PEOPLE | Governor Adeleke Hosts Canadian Delegation, Drums Support for Nigerian – Canadian Subnational Economic Initiatives. | Osun govt uncovers sinister planned protest by APC to cause mayhem over PBAT’s visit tomorrow. | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant. | Adeleke’s Spokesperson Slams APC, Says Infra Projects are Inclusive and Evenly Spread. | Adeleke: Osun Open for Mining Business with Ease of Doing Business and Security. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES HON. (DR.) MARUF ADEWALE ADEBAYO GANGARIA ON BIRTHDAY. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE HAILS ORANGUN OF ILA ON HIS BIRTHDAY. | Osun APC is scared of its own shadows -Adeleke Spokesperson | Calls for State of Emergency: Failed Desperate Act of Oyetola and Oyebamiji — Governor Adeleke | Osun holds another stewardship programme tomorrow. | Governor Adeleke to Police: Unseal Amotekun to Contain Banditry, Kidnapping | Mass Killings: Gov. Adeleke Commiserates with Kwara Govt and People, Tightens Security for Ora, Border Areas.
AREGBESOLA
Webmaster July 8, 2014

FG’s Refusal To Release Security Code Dangerous –Aregbesola

AREGBESOLAOsun State Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, has described the alleged refusal of the Federal Government to release a short security call code to the state as dangerous and unfortunate.

Aregbesola told journalists in Oshogbo at the weekend that the state had constructed an Emergency Security Centre, where calls could be directed for assistance and rescue operations in case of any emergency, saying what remained for the centre to function was a short security code approval from the Federal Government.

The governor, who said his efforts to obtain the code were futile, suspected that the Federal Government was not well disposed to the release of the vital code.

He stated that a letter to that effect was first forwarded to the Presidency and when there was no acknowledgement, he wrote a reminder which, he said, was also ignored.

The governor disclosed that with the code, a helicopter could touch down anywhere in the state within 15 minutes to identify crisis spots with a view to mobilising security personnel to the spot.

Warning against politicising every issue, Aregbesola asserted that, “security threat does not discriminate,” adding that once anybody won an election, such person automatically became the leader of the electorate.

He pointed out that if the security centre had been functional, the young journalists who died recently along Ife Road could have survived the accident if help had reached them in time.

The governor, therefore, urged well-meaning Nigerians to appeal to President Goodluck Jonathan to use his good offices to effect the issuance of the code.

SUNNEWS ONLINE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *