The Ministry is in charge of maintaining justice in the state as well as other justice related matters.
The areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Set up Commissions and Tribunals of Inquiry in the State.
- Administration of justice, administration of Estates and Trustees.
- Public prosecution and civil litigation.
- Relations with the judiciary, Judicial Service Commission, State of Osun, Federal Ministry of Justice, Committee on Prerogative of Mercy and Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Law reporting and revision, compilation, distribution and sale of the Annual Laws of the State, legislative drafting and constitutional matters.
- Administration of Oaths, human rights and consumer protection, provision of legal aid to the poor, legal advisory and Alternative Dispute Resolution Services (Mediation).
- Appointment and supervision of the activities of Justice of Peace in the State.
- Initiate legislation for the maintenance of peace, order and good government within the State.