Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | Adeleke Counters Opposition, Says Osun people are enjoying good governance. | Governor Adeleke Expresses Shock at the Transition of Adegboyega Famodun, Condoles Family and the State APC. | 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗪𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗙𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀. | 𝗜𝗺𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗦𝗰𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲, 𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆 & 𝗜𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 | 𝗜𝗺𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗔𝗴𝗿𝗼-𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗼𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗲𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 | 𝗜𝗺𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗘𝗱𝘂𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀. | Imole Infrastructure Revolution | TEXT OF A STATE BROADCAST BY H.E, THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE, SENATOR ADEMOLA ADELEKE ON THE THIRD ANNIVERSARY OF THE ADMINISTRATION TODAY NOVEMBER 27th, 2025 | Osun Security Council Meets Again as Governor Adeleke Warns Against Political Violence | Osun is a Model for Subnational Climate Action —Governor Adeleke | Osun is a Model for Subnational Climate Action —Governor Adeleke | Governor Adeleke Speaks on Osun Governance, Commends Security Agencies for Alertness. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES NEPHEW, DAVIDO, ON HIS BIRTHDAY. | Governor Adeleke Flaunts Achievements in ICT Sector, Inaugurates Digital Advisory Council. | ILUFEMILOYE AT 10: GOVERNOR ADELEKE FELICITATES WITH OLUWO OF IWOLAND, SAYS HIS LEADERSHIP HAS BEEN PHENOMENAL. | Governor Adeleke Hosts Chinese Investors, Says Osun Free Trade Zone is Open for Business. | Governor Adeleke Presents Budget 2026 to House of Assembly | N1 Trillion Allocation is Fake News from APC -Adeleke’s Spokesperson. | NEW PROJECT ALERT ‼️ | Anambra: Governor Adeleke Congratulates Prof. Soludo, Says People’s Will Should be Supreme.
oyes-logo
Webmaster August 27, 2014

Osun Youth Programme To Employ 20,000 Volunteers

oyes-logoThe Osun Youth Employment Scheme (OYES)  said on Tuesday that the state government would recruit 20,000 youths as volunteers in February.
The Commandant of  scheme,  Mr Oyewole Enibukun, said this  in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)  in Osogbo.
“Official recruitment process is ongoing to recruit 20,000 youths into the OYES programme to replace the present batch of cadets  who will disengage from the scheme in 2015,” he said.
He said the youths, who were to be recruited for the two-year empowerment programme, would be engaged between 2015  and  2017.
“The recruitment exercise is a two- year revolving and volunteer scheme which began in 2011 to tackle unemployment among youths.
“So far, 40,000 youths have benefited from the scheme and more youths are expected to benefit from the present and future  recruitment exercises.
“Those who are selected for the programme based on their eligibility and suitability  will be engaged and trained in various vocations by the state for two years,” he said.
Enibukun also told NAN that the programme had  helped to reduce the unemployment rate, especially among jobless graduates.
“Empowering the youths  through the scheme has led to employment generation.

“ At 2013,  unemployment rate has dropped to 3 per cent according to the National Bureau of Statistics,” he stated.
He  advised other states  to replicate the programme so as to tackle unemployment.

(NAN)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *