Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | OSUN GOVT TO ENROLL TRADITIONAL RULERS, SPOUSES INTO STATE HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME. | Oyo Kidnapping: Governor Adeleke Directs Immediate Revitalization of Safe School Initiative. | Osun Govt Condemns Opposition Misrepresentation of NPHCDA Report, Says Osun Remains Number One in the South West | GOVERNOR ADELEKE COMMISSIONS RENOVATED LAWN TENNIS COURTS IN LAGOS; HONOURS LATE SENATOR ISIAKA ADELEKE. | Governor Adeleke Warns Against Threat to Peace at Ikirun. | How We Revived Osun Economy – Governor Adeleke. | Governor Adeleke Summons Emergency Security Council Meeting | Governor Adeleke Appoints Mrs Victoria Adunola SAMSON (BOVAS) as Chancellor, Osun State University | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES ATAOJA OF OSOGBO, OBA JIMOH OLAONIPEKUN ON HIS BIRTHDAY | BASELESS PETITION BY OYIGG: OSUN STATE GOVERNMENT REJECTS SPURIOUS, DEFAMATORY AND MALICIOUS ALLEGATIONS | Governor Adeleke Says His Re-Election Unstoppable as Davido Drums Support for Continuity | ADELEKE SET TO PROVIDE FREE ARTIFICIAL LIMBS FOR 1,000 AMPUTEES IN OSUN – ARANSI. | Gov Adeleke Faults Ambo-Adereti Agenda Sector by Sector | ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, SENATOR ADEMOLA JACKSON NURUDEEN ADELEKE, EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE AT THE 2026 WORKERS’ DAY CELEBRATION ORGANISED BY THE OSUN STATE JOINT LABOUR MOVEMENT HELD ON FRIDAY, 1ST MAY, 2026 AT FAKUNLE HIGH SCHOOL, OSOGBO. | Governor Adeleke Commends Federal Approvals for Osun Roads, Praises President Tinubu and Works Minister. | Governor Adeleke’s son, B RED, Escapes Assassination | You Are Afraid of Election, Gov Adeleke Accuses Oyetola/AMBO | Osun 2026: Traditional security outfits, ethnic groups endorse Governor Adeleke for Re-election. | Governor Adeleke Did Not Squander Any Trillion Naira, Value for Money Drives State Governance – Spokesperson | Oyetola/Oyebamiji Name Dropping President Tinubu for Anti-People Activities In Osun- Gov Adeleke.
Webmaster January 1, 2017

Police Arrest Family Of Suspected Kidnappers In Osun State

Police have arrested a family gang of suspected kidnappers for allegedly abducting a 5-year-old boy in Osun State, southwest Nigeria.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Fimihan Adeoye, paraded the suspects at the command headquarters in Osogbo, the state’s capital.
Mr Adeoye disclosed that the boy was said to have been kidnapped on December 22 at Ipetu-ijesha, and was released upon the payment of 550,000 naira ransom by his parents, after five days in the kidnappers’ den.
He said the gang comprised of a mother who claimed to be a prophetess, her daughter and her husband.
According to the Police Commissioner, also in the gang were the younger brother of the prophetess and his pregnant wife with one other suspect at large.
He also paraded a 72-year-old man, Idris Ajao, for being in possession of a human skull purportedly severed from a corpse at a cemetery in Ipetu Ijesa area of the state.
Mr Adeoye said the septuagenarian confessed to the crime and was helping the police with information in order to arrest his abettor.
The suspect, who told reporters that he had once been arrested for the same offence 26 years ago, said he sells a skull for 10,000 naira.
The police boss attributed the successes recorded so far to the resolve of the command to rid Osun State of criminal elements and other illegal activities.
While advising members of the public to be weary of the people around them, he assured them that the command would not relent in its efforts to ensure a peaceful and secured state.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *