The Ministry of Regional Integration and Special Duties plays a strategic role in the State of Osun. Its responsibilities cut across virtually all the Ministries and Agencies within and outside the State.
The areas of operations include but are not limited to:
- Work for cooperation and integration among the states in Western Nigeria in an effort to pursue joint infrastructural and developmental projects aimed at fast tracking regional development
- Development and implementation of as strategic action plan on human rights, judicial sector and law reform.
- Pursuance of local and international aids.
- Supervision and coordination of the political and legislative powers such as liaising between the Executive and Legislature, creating congenial atmosphere for the working together among the three arms of government and advising the Governor on legislative and judicial matters, political intelligence in conjunction with the Secretary to the State Government and gauging the political barometer of the state in particular and the country in general.
- Coordinate inter-ministerial projects and activities, State Emergency Relief matters as well as reviewing operations of the specialized agencies of government like Osun State Agricultural Development Corporation (OSSADEC) United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) Parastatals, Boards, Commission with a view to ensuring that they are in consonance with overall policy programmes of government
The Commissioner for the Ministry is Barr. Bashiru Ajibola and the Permanent Secretary is Mr Sunday Festus Olajide.