Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | Oyo Kidnapping: Governor Adeleke Directs Immediate Revitalization of Safe School Initiative. | Osun Govt Condemns Opposition Misrepresentation of NPHCDA Report, Says Osun Remains Number One in the South West | GOVERNOR ADELEKE COMMISSIONS RENOVATED LAWN TENNIS COURTS IN LAGOS; HONOURS LATE SENATOR ISIAKA ADELEKE. | Governor Adeleke Warns Against Threat to Peace at Ikirun. | How We Revived Osun Economy – Governor Adeleke. | Governor Adeleke Summons Emergency Security Council Meeting | Governor Adeleke Appoints Mrs Victoria Adunola SAMSON (BOVAS) as Chancellor, Osun State University | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES ATAOJA OF OSOGBO, OBA JIMOH OLAONIPEKUN ON HIS BIRTHDAY | BASELESS PETITION BY OYIGG: OSUN STATE GOVERNMENT REJECTS SPURIOUS, DEFAMATORY AND MALICIOUS ALLEGATIONS | Governor Adeleke Says His Re-Election Unstoppable as Davido Drums Support for Continuity | ADELEKE SET TO PROVIDE FREE ARTIFICIAL LIMBS FOR 1,000 AMPUTEES IN OSUN – ARANSI. | Gov Adeleke Faults Ambo-Adereti Agenda Sector by Sector | ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, SENATOR ADEMOLA JACKSON NURUDEEN ADELEKE, EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE AT THE 2026 WORKERS’ DAY CELEBRATION ORGANISED BY THE OSUN STATE JOINT LABOUR MOVEMENT HELD ON FRIDAY, 1ST MAY, 2026 AT FAKUNLE HIGH SCHOOL, OSOGBO. | Governor Adeleke Commends Federal Approvals for Osun Roads, Praises President Tinubu and Works Minister. | Governor Adeleke’s son, B RED, Escapes Assassination | You Are Afraid of Election, Gov Adeleke Accuses Oyetola/AMBO | Osun 2026: Traditional security outfits, ethnic groups endorse Governor Adeleke for Re-election. | Governor Adeleke Did Not Squander Any Trillion Naira, Value for Money Drives State Governance – Spokesperson | Oyetola/Oyebamiji Name Dropping President Tinubu for Anti-People Activities In Osun- Gov Adeleke. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE GREETS OSUN ACCORD CHAIRMAN AT 50.
rauf-aregbesola-of-osun-690×450-1
Webmaster October 23, 2016

I Will Not Renege On My Promise To Banish Hunger From Osun – Aregbesola

Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has reiterated that he would not renege on his promise to banish hunger and make life meaningful for the people of the state.
The governor made the statement on Monday in Osogbo at the celebration of 2016 International Day for Poverty Eradication.
 
rauf-aregbesola-of-osun-690x450-1
 
Aregbesola said that his administration remained resolute to do ‘everything humanly possible’ to champion the cause of creating wealth by eradicating poverty.‎
In his speech titled: “Poverty Has No Place with Us,” Aregbesola said that the policy thrust and programmes of his administration were geared towards poverty eradication, make live abundant and create wealth for the citizenry.
 
He listed the six-point integral action plan of his administration to include: banishing poverty, hunger and unemployment; restoring healthy living, promoting functional education, enhancing communal peace and progress.
 
He said that the plans were designed to uplift the people from being poverty stricken to being wealthy.
Commenting on the achievements made by his administration, the governor said 40,000 unemployed youths had been empowered under the Osun Youth Empowerment Scheme.
 
Aregbesola said his administration had adopted multi-faceted approach to achieve its goal of providing healthcare for all.
 
Aregbesola said: “While government will continue to do everything within its means to provide for the people, we should all be productively engaged, especially in agriculture where we have comparative advantage.”
 
Earlier in his address, Alhaji Abdul-Rahaman Musa, the Chairman, Osun State Community and Social Development Project, commended the governor for the various poverty alleviation programmes he had put in place to benefit the people.
 
The CSDP General Manager, Funmi Abokede, also commended the government for being consistent in payment of counterpart funds for the programme.
 
She said that CSDP was being funded by the state government and World Bank.
Abokede noted with satisfaction that government had released N550 million for payment of counterpart funds between 2010 and 2015.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *