Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | ACCEPTANCE SPEECH | Governor Adeleke Seeks Post- Election Peace. | Osun APC Scheming to Swap Official Outcome with Fake Result Sheets -Gov Adeleke | FACT CHECK: OPPOSITION FALSEHOOD AGAINST ADELEKE GOVERNMENT. | Your Open Threat to Rig Election will be Resisted by Osun People, Gov Adeleke Replies Oyetola. | REPORT ON PRESENTATION OF NGIC 2026 FINALISTS TO OSUN STATE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS SEEKING FINANCIAL SUPPORT. | Governor Adeleke Raises Alarm over EFCC’s Plot to Freeze Osun Government’s Accounts Ahead of the August 15th Governorship Election. | FACT CHECK: BAD ROAD PUBLISHED BY TRIBUNE WAS CONSTRUCTED BY OYETOLA ADMINISTRATION. | IGNORE THREATS, TROOP OUT TO VOTE ACCORD ON AUGUST 15T –GOV ADELEKE CHARGES OSUN VOTERS | Osun holds another 120 minutes monthly public accountability programme on Radio tomorrow morning | Osun holds another 120 minutes monthly public accountability programme on Radio tomorrow morning. | Guber Polls: Save Osun from Impending Police-Induced Genocide — Governor Adeleke | Top Osun Government Officials Under Attack by Police, Osun Govt Raises Alarm | Top Osun Government Officials Under Attack by Police, Osun Govt Raises Alarm | Ensure Free and Fair Election in Osun, National Christian Coalition Charges President Tinubu. | Osun Guber Election Can’t be Rigged or Stolen – Governor Adeleke. | PVC Collection: Governor Adeleke Declares Tuesday Work-free Day. | Osun Govt Raises Alarm over Reported Police Attack on Navy Personnel to Free Asiri Eniba Thugs | Governor Adeleke Inspects Sabotaged Section of LAMECO Bridge Area, Condemns Anti-Development Politics. | Osun Govt Says Nuru Alowonle Remains Osun NURTW Chairman as Appointed by National Leadership.
dsc_7947
Webmaster January 9, 2017

Baby Of The Year Gift Gllegation: Mother Claims Husband Lied

The Government of Osun has described as complete falsehood, claims by the father of the Baby of the Year for 2017, Mr. Kajogbola Olasunkanmi that his family was cheated by the management of the State Specialist Hospital, Asubiaro, Osogbo, the state capital, where his wife was delivered of the state’s first baby of the year.
 
dsc_7947
 
The government said it was embarrassed by media reports which quoted Mr. Olasunkanmi as saying that only a part of the gifts for the baby were presented to his family.
The government, through the Bureau of Communication and Strategy, said immediately the media reports emerged, Governor Rauf Aregbesola ordered an immediate investigation into the claims, adding that the mother of the baby of the year, Mrs. Olasunkanmi, debunked her husband’s claims when asked to confirm the claims.
“It has become imperative to make this clarification in view of the negative impressions generated by the claims of Mr. Olasunkanmi, the father of the baby of the year.
After the embarrassing media reports which accused the management of the hospital of shortchanging the family by not presenting all the gifts for the baby of the year, the Governor ordered a full scale investigation.
“To our chagrin, the mother of the baby of the year said her husband lied with his claims adding that the envelope containing the cash gift from the Wife of the Governor of Osun, Alhaja Sherifat Aregbesola, was sealed and intact when it was delivered to her.
“She further explained that the money from the representatives of the Lions Club, which was also delivered was meant for all the women who were delivered of babies that day and that each of them got her share of the gift.
“In the course of the interview, Mrs Kemisola Olasunkanmi expressed regrets while lamenting that she did not know what came over her husband to warrant such dubious and false claims,” the Bureau statement noted.
 
The Bureau, in its statement signed by the Director, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, therefore urged those who had been misinformed by the misleading allegation to disregard it in its entirety.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *