Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | Governor Adeleke Flags off Construction of Roads, Bridge in Obokun Local Government. | ALLEGED STAFF AUDIT FRAUD IS AN APC SPONSORED FAKE NEWS – OSUN GOVT. | Governor Adeleke Reviews Tech Sector Progress, Says His Government Is a Trail blazer. | Governor Adeleke Reduces Public Servants Work Hours for Ramadan and Lent Period. | Osun Government Clarifies Position On Local Government Salaries | Resist Election Riggers; Collect their Money; Vote Against Them – Governor Adeleke Charges Osun Electorates | RAMADAN: LET US RENEW OUR COMMITMENT TO A JUST SOCIETY, GOVERNOR ADELEKE TASKS OSUN PEOPLE | Governor Adeleke Hosts Canadian Delegation, Drums Support for Nigerian – Canadian Subnational Economic Initiatives. | Osun govt uncovers sinister planned protest by APC to cause mayhem over PBAT’s visit tomorrow. | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant. | Adeleke’s Spokesperson Slams APC, Says Infra Projects are Inclusive and Evenly Spread. | Adeleke: Osun Open for Mining Business with Ease of Doing Business and Security. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES HON. (DR.) MARUF ADEWALE ADEBAYO GANGARIA ON BIRTHDAY. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE HAILS ORANGUN OF ILA ON HIS BIRTHDAY. | Osun APC is scared of its own shadows -Adeleke Spokesperson | Calls for State of Emergency: Failed Desperate Act of Oyetola and Oyebamiji — Governor Adeleke | Osun holds another stewardship programme tomorrow. | Governor Adeleke to Police: Unseal Amotekun to Contain Banditry, Kidnapping | Mass Killings: Gov. Adeleke Commiserates with Kwara Govt and People, Tightens Security for Ora, Border Areas.
covid-19 test

COVID-19 Update: Osun   SSG, 21 others test negative

…records 23 new cases

The Government of Osun on Saturday confirmed that its Secretary to State Government (SSG), Prince Wole Oyebamiji, has tested negative for Covid-19. 

Similarly, 21 other patients have also tested negative and have all been discharged.

The State however announced the discovery of 23 additional cases in the State, saying they were contacts from previous cases in the State.

The State’s Commissioner for Health,  Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, made the announcements in a statement on Saturday morning in Osogbo.

It will be recalled that the SSG had about 10 days ago tested positive for the virus. But by Friday evening, the confirmatory test carried out after days of care and treatment returned negative, Dr. Isamotu further revealed. 

He disclosed that some of the staff of the SSG who had previously tested positive were among those who tested negative.

The Commissioner appealed to citizens and residents of the State to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the State against the spread of the virus. He also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the State has risen to 233 with 116 active cases, adding that the State has successfully treated and discharged 110 patients, while seven deaths have so far been recorded.

Read More
Osun Govt suspends weekly markets indefinitely

The Government of the State of Osun on Tuesday confirmed the discovery of 21 new cases.

The State’s Commissioner for Health,  Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, disclosed this in a statement Tuesday  evening in Osogbo.

He disclosed that all the new cases were contacts of those who had previously contracted  the virus in the State.

The Commissioner appealed to citizens and residents of the State to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the State against the spread of the virus. He also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the State has risen to 199 with  108 active cases, adding that the State has successfully treated and discharged 84 patients while seven deaths have so far been recorded.

Read More
covid-19_pandemic

The State of Osun  Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu  has disclosed that the state was now awaiting the results of 30 samples from the contact tracing it embarked on at the weekend  through Monday. 

The samples  were sent to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC accredited Testing Centre, the African Centre of Excellence in Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Ede, Osun. 

Isamotu, while disclosing these in a statement on Tuesday, said contact tracing was carried out in Ejigbo, Osu, Ife East, Ilesa and Ede areas of the State. 

Giving reason for the contact tracing in those areas, Isamotu explained that the wife of a confirmed case in Ife was said to have travelled to Osu after leaving Ife, before returning to Ilesa. 

He said all 24 contacts of the cases were located by the State COVID-19 Taskforce Committee and their samples taken for evaluation. 

“Apart from the 24 samples, residents also called the team for suspected cases and in the process those samples were collected. So, the total samples collected to which we are awaiting result is 30,” he said. 

According to the Commissioner, 14 suspected cases that were subjected to test on Sunday all returned negative on Monday night. 

Isamotu also revealed that the three State health workers who initially tested positive for Coronavirus, have now tested negative once, adding that they will be subjected to another round of test, in line with NCDC protocol. “Also, our three health workers who initially tested positive, have now tested negative once. But in line with NCDC protocol, they have to test negative twice before they can be affirmed ready to join the society and resume their normal lives. So their samples will be taken again for another test after 48 hours,” the Commissioner added.

Read More
Covid-19

The State Government of Osun has restated its warning that private hospitals in the State are not allowed to admit and treat suspected or confirmed Coronavirus patients. 

The State Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Mrs Funke Egbemode who gave the warning via a public announcement on Thursday, stated that non-adherence to the directive would attract prosecution by the State Government.

Egbemode disclosed the State government has accredited health facilities with required personnel to treat suspected and confirmed COVID-19 patients in the State. 

“The State Government of Osun has reiterated that private hospitals across the State are NOT ALLOWED to treat COVID-19 patients, whether suspected or confirmed. 

“The State has recognised, accredited and adequate Government facilities with the required personnel to take care of patients, whether suspected or confirmed, at its Isolation and Care Centres. Testing and treatment are free in all government facilities,” she said.  The Commissioner noted that attempt to treat COVID-19 patients in private facilities would only open the State to community infections and negate all the sacrifices people of Osun had made so far.

Read More