Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | Governor Adeleke Flags off Construction of Roads, Bridge in Obokun Local Government. | ALLEGED STAFF AUDIT FRAUD IS AN APC SPONSORED FAKE NEWS – OSUN GOVT. | Governor Adeleke Reviews Tech Sector Progress, Says His Government Is a Trail blazer. | Governor Adeleke Reduces Public Servants Work Hours for Ramadan and Lent Period. | Osun Government Clarifies Position On Local Government Salaries | Resist Election Riggers; Collect their Money; Vote Against Them – Governor Adeleke Charges Osun Electorates | RAMADAN: LET US RENEW OUR COMMITMENT TO A JUST SOCIETY, GOVERNOR ADELEKE TASKS OSUN PEOPLE | Governor Adeleke Hosts Canadian Delegation, Drums Support for Nigerian – Canadian Subnational Economic Initiatives. | Osun govt uncovers sinister planned protest by APC to cause mayhem over PBAT’s visit tomorrow. | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant. | Adeleke’s Spokesperson Slams APC, Says Infra Projects are Inclusive and Evenly Spread. | Adeleke: Osun Open for Mining Business with Ease of Doing Business and Security. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES HON. (DR.) MARUF ADEWALE ADEBAYO GANGARIA ON BIRTHDAY. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE HAILS ORANGUN OF ILA ON HIS BIRTHDAY. | Osun APC is scared of its own shadows -Adeleke Spokesperson | Calls for State of Emergency: Failed Desperate Act of Oyetola and Oyebamiji — Governor Adeleke | Osun holds another stewardship programme tomorrow. | Governor Adeleke to Police: Unseal Amotekun to Contain Banditry, Kidnapping | Mass Killings: Gov. Adeleke Commiserates with Kwara Govt and People, Tightens Security for Ora, Border Areas.
coronavirus
Osun Admin March 26, 2020

COVID-19: Confirmed case in stable condition, says Osun govt

…..reiterates readiness to curtail the menace

The Osun State Government says the first and only confirmed case of Coronavirus in the State is in stable condition and responding positively to treatment. 
The government said the State medical personnel have been handling and managing the case professionally and that no severe symptoms had been traced to the patient. 
Deputy Governor, Mr Benedict Alabi, disclosed this on Thursday shortly after the meeting of the State Government Technical Committee on COVID-19, at the State Specialist Hospital, Asubiaro, Osogbo.
He noted that the patient has been helping in easing the job of the medical personnel as he personally surrendered himself for treatment even before his health status was confirmed.
Alabi who commended the patient for the high level of understanding and cooperation he has exhibited, said his action had assisted the state to implement its guiding principles against the deadly disease.
The deputy governor said the government had gathered useful information that would assist in contract tracing of persons that might have come in contact with the confirmed case. 
According to him, the state government had stepped up its guiding principles and control measures to curb the spread of the disease. He added that health workers have been put on their toes for optimum performance at the present critical moment. 
Alabi furrher said the government had equipped and strengthened the capacity of the Isolation Centre at the State Specialist Hospital, to handle suspected or confirmed cases. 
“Yesterday Mr Governor announced the confirmation of an index case of the Coronavirus and to this end, we have begun to be more proactive in combating the menace.
“We are working round the clock to strengthen our protocol and ensure that our guiding principles are tailored towards achieving the set objectives.
“On the confirmed case, no doubt the patient is responding to treatment and he is in stable condition. We have done the needful. He has been isolated to a place where adequate treatment will be given to avoid the escalation of the disease”, the Deputy Governor stressed.
In his reaction, the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, said the medical personnel had been tasked to double their efforts in curtailing the spread of the pandemic in Osun. 

Isamotu added that the specialist hospital had been restructured for emergency cases, while cold cases would be treated in some of the other health facilities across the state.
“The State Isolation Center is absolutely secured. Presently, we are not attending to cold cases but emergencies as a sign of seriousness that we attached to the pandemic. We have equally warned the people who do not have anything to do to stay off the hospital. 
“And as part of our commitment to contain this disease, the state government has set up taskforce to man all the state land borders and conduct preliminary screening.
“We have also begun massive sensitisation exercise against the pandemic across the nooks and crannies of the state while the residents had equally been earned to refrain from embracing and hugging one another,” Isamotu added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *