Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | Governor Adeleke Hosts Canadian Delegation, Drums Support for Nigerian – Canadian Subnational Economic Initiatives. | Osun govt uncovers sinister planned protest by APC to cause mayhem over PBAT’s visit tomorrow. | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant. | Adeleke’s Spokesperson Slams APC, Says Infra Projects are Inclusive and Evenly Spread. | Adeleke: Osun Open for Mining Business with Ease of Doing Business and Security. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES HON. (DR.) MARUF ADEWALE ADEBAYO GANGARIA ON BIRTHDAY. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE HAILS ORANGUN OF ILA ON HIS BIRTHDAY. | Osun APC is scared of its own shadows -Adeleke Spokesperson | Calls for State of Emergency: Failed Desperate Act of Oyetola and Oyebamiji — Governor Adeleke | Osun holds another stewardship programme tomorrow. | Governor Adeleke to Police: Unseal Amotekun to Contain Banditry, Kidnapping | Mass Killings: Gov. Adeleke Commiserates with Kwara Govt and People, Tightens Security for Ora, Border Areas. | Osun Won’t Bow to Impunity- Governor Adeleke | HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY TO PRINCE OLAGUNSOYE OYINLOLA, FORMER GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE. | 61st Birthday; Gov. Adeleke,Osun Exco,others, celebrate Mallam Olawale Rasheed, | Osun L.G funds; Magistrate court issues bench warrant against UBA, three senior staff. | Staying in Office to seek tenure elongation or determination is an Illegality and unknown to the Constitution – Osun Government | Osun LG Funds: Stop using Federal Cover for Lawlessness-Adeleke Responds to Oyetola | Osun LG Crisis: Tinubu should call Oyetola to order
_MG_6970
Webmaster February 22, 2017

In Osun, Aregbesola Appeals to Traders to Remain Calm

The governor, state of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has appealed to the traders in Aiyegbaju International Market to embrace a peaceful resolution of their grievances, instead of taking to the streets.
 
_MG_6970
 
 
The governor’s appeal was conveyed through his Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Mr. Semiu Okanlawon. This came on the heels of the protests organised by the traders last week, when they accused the government of breaching the agreements with them over the operation and ownerships of the market.
The traders alleged that despite the huge amounts they paid to acquire the shops, the market lacked necessary infrastructure such as electricity, water and others, almost two years after the reconstruction.

They also alleged that the state government had reneged on the original agreement of ownership of the shops for 99 years, saying: “The government suddenly changed the tenure of ownership from 99 years to 28 years.”
Okanlawon said government had taken cognisance of their grievances and would look into the issue but they should go through the right channels instead of taking to the streets.He said the matter was not beyond peaceful resolution if properly addressed.
Meanwhile, some traditional rulers in the state have expressed concern over the tactics some politicians are deploying to achieve their ambition ahead of the next governorship elections scheduled for August 2018.
The monarchs, who for now preferred to remain neutral but not silent on the development, urged the traders to beware of undue influence by desperate politicians, who were out to disrupt the peace in Osun.
However, a reliable source from the state described the protest as a deliberate attempt to embarrass the government and it no doubt has political undertone.
Supporting his skepticism about the protest, which he said was sponsored, the source produced the Certificate of Statutory Right of Occupancy signed on June 1, 2012, number 42 at page 42 in volume 202 of the Land Registry in the office at Oshogbo, Osun State, saying: “What was stated in the document was 30 years from the date of presentation out of which two was used for construction, leaving 28 for ownership instead of the 99 as claimed by the traders.”
He also contested the allegation of lack of necessary facilities claimed by the traders, saying: “It is the onus of the traders to prove whether they (traders) have complied with the payment of services charges as stipulated in the deeds of agreement.”
While he appealed to them for a peaceful resolution, the source dismissed the allegation that government reneged on its agreement with the traders.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *