Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | Governor Adeleke Flags off Construction of Roads, Bridge in Obokun Local Government. | ALLEGED STAFF AUDIT FRAUD IS AN APC SPONSORED FAKE NEWS – OSUN GOVT. | Governor Adeleke Reviews Tech Sector Progress, Says His Government Is a Trail blazer. | Governor Adeleke Reduces Public Servants Work Hours for Ramadan and Lent Period. | Osun Government Clarifies Position On Local Government Salaries | Resist Election Riggers; Collect their Money; Vote Against Them – Governor Adeleke Charges Osun Electorates | RAMADAN: LET US RENEW OUR COMMITMENT TO A JUST SOCIETY, GOVERNOR ADELEKE TASKS OSUN PEOPLE | Governor Adeleke Hosts Canadian Delegation, Drums Support for Nigerian – Canadian Subnational Economic Initiatives. | Osun govt uncovers sinister planned protest by APC to cause mayhem over PBAT’s visit tomorrow. | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant. | Adeleke’s Spokesperson Slams APC, Says Infra Projects are Inclusive and Evenly Spread. | Adeleke: Osun Open for Mining Business with Ease of Doing Business and Security. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES HON. (DR.) MARUF ADEWALE ADEBAYO GANGARIA ON BIRTHDAY. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE HAILS ORANGUN OF ILA ON HIS BIRTHDAY. | Osun APC is scared of its own shadows -Adeleke Spokesperson | Calls for State of Emergency: Failed Desperate Act of Oyetola and Oyebamiji — Governor Adeleke | Osun holds another stewardship programme tomorrow. | Governor Adeleke to Police: Unseal Amotekun to Contain Banditry, Kidnapping | Mass Killings: Gov. Adeleke Commiserates with Kwara Govt and People, Tightens Security for Ora, Border Areas.
feeding-programme-620×400
Webmaster January 22, 2017

Respite as Osun Gets N80m School Feeding Grant

Respite has come the way of the government of Osun, as the Federal Government releases N80m to the coffer of the state this week, as part of the grants for Federal Government’s school feeding programme.
The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande had disclosed in a statement made available to DAILY POST on Monday, stating that five states of Osun, Ogun, Oyo, Ebonyi, and Enugu, would be benefiting states in the second phase of the scheme.
 
feeding-programme-620x400

According to him, Anambra state flagged off the feeding programme earlier in 2016, bringing the implementing states of the scheme to six.
Akande disclosed that payment for the Conditional Cash Transfer programme has commenced in all the nine pilot states including Bauchi, Borno, Cross River, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Osun and Oyo.
Meanwhile, some stakeholders in the educational sector have expressed mixed feelings over the grant.
A retired Principal in one of the Public School in the state, Mr Sunday Anjorin, lauded the federal government’s initiative, as he commended Gov. Rauf Aregbesola for setting the pace for school feeding initiative.

Anjorin added that although, the federal government intervention is commendable, there is still more to be done in order to meet up with the huge financial responsibility Osun government incurred in the course of feeding the pupils at the elementary schools.
He observed that the scheme has enhanced the rate of enrollment in schools, urging the federal government to spread the gesture to all the states of the federation.
However, a member of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), Mr Bamidele Idowu has advised the state government to be more transparent and accountable in the finance of the school feeding scheme, saying the figures claimed by O’Meal, the agency in charge of the school feeding system in Osun is “ambiguous.”
Idowu also charged the agency to use the federal government’s grant judiciously for the benefit of the pupils.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *