Breaking News

Osun begins Interview for shortlisted Teachers across the State | Governor Adeleke Flags off Construction of Roads, Bridge in Obokun Local Government. | ALLEGED STAFF AUDIT FRAUD IS AN APC SPONSORED FAKE NEWS – OSUN GOVT. | Governor Adeleke Reviews Tech Sector Progress, Says His Government Is a Trail blazer. | Governor Adeleke Reduces Public Servants Work Hours for Ramadan and Lent Period. | Osun Government Clarifies Position On Local Government Salaries | Resist Election Riggers; Collect their Money; Vote Against Them – Governor Adeleke Charges Osun Electorates | RAMADAN: LET US RENEW OUR COMMITMENT TO A JUST SOCIETY, GOVERNOR ADELEKE TASKS OSUN PEOPLE | Governor Adeleke Hosts Canadian Delegation, Drums Support for Nigerian – Canadian Subnational Economic Initiatives. | Osun govt uncovers sinister planned protest by APC to cause mayhem over PBAT’s visit tomorrow. | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant | Face Your Ministerial Failure or We Unearth Sordid Performance as a Governor and Minister – Adeleke’s Aide Replies Oyetola’s Media Assistant. | Adeleke’s Spokesperson Slams APC, Says Infra Projects are Inclusive and Evenly Spread. | Adeleke: Osun Open for Mining Business with Ease of Doing Business and Security. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE CELEBRATES HON. (DR.) MARUF ADEWALE ADEBAYO GANGARIA ON BIRTHDAY. | GOVERNOR ADELEKE HAILS ORANGUN OF ILA ON HIS BIRTHDAY. | Osun APC is scared of its own shadows -Adeleke Spokesperson | Calls for State of Emergency: Failed Desperate Act of Oyetola and Oyebamiji — Governor Adeleke | Osun holds another stewardship programme tomorrow. | Governor Adeleke to Police: Unseal Amotekun to Contain Banditry, Kidnapping | Mass Killings: Gov. Adeleke Commiserates with Kwara Govt and People, Tightens Security for Ora, Border Areas.
Najeem-Salaam-150×1501
Webmaster August 20, 2015

Stop Lying About Osun To Score Cheap Points, Assembly Tells Critics

Najeem-Salaam-150x1501The Osun State House of Assembly has said that it was untrue that it received a petition prior to the one sent by a serving judge in the state, Justice Folahanmi Oloyede, against Governor Rauf Aregbesola for alleged financial mismanagement.
Speaker of the Assembly, Najeem Salaam, stated this at the plenary session on Monday, August 17, 2015, in response to the claim made recently by the publicity director of the Civil Coalition for Emancipation of Osun State, Seun Adeoye, on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily that the group had sent a petition to the House earlier and was ignored.
Oloyede sent a petition to the Assembly calling for the impeachment of the governor and his deputy, Titilayo Laoye-Tomori.
Salaam said there was no record showing that any petition was sent before Oloyede’s own, adding that some other petitions came in the form of letters only after the one sent by the judge.
He said: “It is a blatant lie that any petition had been sent earlier. We have the record of what we are doing in the House. The first petition we received on this issue was the one sent by the judge”
According to Salaam, the petition has been treated with fairness, in line with the mandate given to the legislature.
“For that reason I want to implore the people to be careful and say things the way they are, rather than scoring cheap political points,” he said.
He stressed that the House of Assembly would continue to follow the path of justice, in line with the mandate and responsibilities of the legislative arm of government.
DAILY INDEPENDENT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *